Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Brown Sugar Cinnamon Breakfast Crescents

Yum!  I think the title says enough.

I was laying in bed before the kiddos woke up this morning thinking I didn't want a bowl of cereal for breakfast.  So, what could I do about that?  I knew we had a roll of the Big 'n Buttery crescent rolls in the refrigerator so I started to think about what I could do with them.  I know I have seen plenty of recipes online for breakfast style crescent rolls so I know I'm not re-inventing the wheel but this was my version.

1 pkg. crescent rolls (I used the big 'n buttery ones, because if I'm going to indulge I'm going all the way)
1/4 cup butter soften
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
chocolate chips or nuts (optional)

1.) Preheat oven according to package directions

2.) Unroll crescents into individual triangles.

3.) Spead soften butter over each crescent triangle.

4.) Mix cinnamon and brown sugar in a small bowl.  Sprinkle mixture over buttered crescent triangles.

5.) Sprinkle chocolate chips or nuts over the crescent triangles. (We used chocolate chips because like I said, I like to go the whole way when indulging.  Okay, so it wasn't the healthiest breakfast but it was delicious!).

6.) Roll crescents starting with short end of triangle and working toward the point.  It takes a little tucking to keep everything inside.

7.) Bake crescents according to package directions.

8.) Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.

9.) Lick your lips, cause these were so good! ;)

I didn't take any pictures of the process because the kiddos were hungry.  No time to waste when feeding hungry children.


No comments:

Post a Comment