Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Library Wednesday

Sadly, this will be our last Library Wednesday until January.  This week's theme was of course, Thanksgiving.


The outfit Piper wore to library this week consisted of the Oliver + S Hopscotch Skirt I made this summer and a t-shirt I appliquéd with a turkey.  I wish I could take credit for the turkey appliqué but I can't, I got the pattern for the turkey here and tweaked it to my liking.  Believe it or not but I struggle with mixing fabrics.  I love to see other people do it and I know what I like and what I don't, I just sometimes lack confidence to think what I have put together works well.  As a result, I think the turkey had about a dozen different feathers in several different combinations until I settled on this one.  I really like making the appliqués, I still need some practice but I'm getting better at it.  I'm thinking over the next year I might be in the market for a new sewing machine, I'm starting to outgrow my current machine.  I think one of the features on my wish list will be a machine that does some fancy appliqué type stitching.

Anyway, here is our adorable model in all her silliness...




Don't fret that I won't have anything to talk about until January.  I have a big girl birthday party to throw in December and of course Christmas.  Maybe we'll get some snow this year, just a little to make the holiday special!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  What are you doing?  Whatever it is I hope you have a wonderful, and filling day!


No comments:

Post a Comment