Friday, November 30, 2012

A Tiny Preview

Piper's birthday is in a few weeks.  I told myself I wasn't going to make her a birthday dress, but we all know that was never going to happen.  She is currently in love with Disney's Brave and will be having a Brave themed party.  I decided to make her a dress "inspired" by one of Merida's dresses.

This is the dress for my inspiration:


Here's a sneak peak of the dress so far:



I'm pretty excited about the dress, as you can see by my inability to wait until it is finished to show it off.  I've really had to step out of my comfort zone for it.  I am working with fabric I have never worked with before (because I was a little afraid to, for fear the results would be disastrous) and I've installed my very first zipper in 8 years of sewing (which turned out not to be as hard as I thought).  




I'm pushing to get this dressed finished by the weekend because I kind of want to make a dress inspired by this Merida dress as well (the fabric has already been purchased).




No comments:

Post a Comment