Tuesday, January 8, 2013

December in Review

So, December was an incredibly busy month at our house.  I never intended to take a blogging break, I just never really got a chance to sit down at the computer for more than a few minutes here and there.

So much happened in December, it's all still a little blurry (good thing I have pictures)...

The beginning of December, Zachary had an audition for Tri-County Choir.  I am pleased to announce that he was selected to both the Tri-County Choir and the State Choir (his audition for that was in November).  The weeks ahead will be full of rehearsals here, there and everywhere but what an exciting time for him.

Then there was a piano recital:



We visited with Santa:




We attempted to get some birthday photos taken:

This was sort of the theme of the photo shoot.


A special little girl turned 3, and there was a party!  Complete w/ princess dress:



A beautiful cake, the birthday girl helped to make: 


A lot of fun was had by all!



At some point I must have hit my head because I also agreed to make not one, but two different wedding cakes for two different friends:




Somewhere in the midst of all this Christmas came and it was lovely!




So, in addition to ALL of this sometime in early December on the Oliver + S blog Liesl was asking if anyone would be interested in testing a new pattern.  I volunteered and was sent a pre-released pattern to make this lovely:


The cape was just released this week in both an adult and child sized version.  I will go into greater detail later this week, because there is a good story to go with it.

I have been sewing up a storm and feeding my fabric addiction quite a bit over the past month.  I have a lot to show you in the coming weeks.  Tomorrow we start back to library and I have a fun project to show you tomorrow in honor of story time.  Check back to see what it might be...







No comments:

Post a Comment