Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Surviving Summer

We did it!  We successfully made it through summer.  This was the scene at our house yesterday morning.


I would say it was a good summer.  We did some of this:



...and some of this:


...and a lot of this:



And we ended our summer with Zachary doing this:


Someone mentioned to me yesterday that he'll be in high school next year.  I got a little choked up about that.  Not about him being in high school but rather by how quickly it has happened.  The first day of school always brings with it a wave of emotions.  It's exciting to look toward the future, anything is possible on the first day of school.  It's also, so bittersweet to look at the past.  I remember his first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday.  I didn't cry the first day, I cried a week later when the parents were met at the door and not let into the class room.  I didn't cry yesterday when he got on the bus, but my eyes welled up later when I watched him walk up the driveway by himself.  Each new school year brings a new, larger step towards independence.  It won't be long until we're taking Zachary to college or Piper is starting kindergarten.  Until then, I hope we can continue to have fun summers full of memories. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment