For some reason I never took a mannequin shot. It's a cute dress with fishes on it. The fabric is Michael Miller Fishies with a green polka dot contrast on the yoke and is completely lined with a light blue broadcloth. I struggled putting this dress together. When I make another, I will do a few things differently. First and foremost, I think it's best to finish the edges of the side and back seams of both the main fabric and lining before sewing the pieces together. Wether you serge, or zig-zag or whatever, I think it will make it much easier later on. I didn't like the finishing on my dress, I like the inside to look as nice as the outside and I just couldn't do that as well as I like in this case. The dress is fully lined, which I like but to make the casing you just sew the front to the back. That had it's own set of challenges. I ended up with a pucker in the back, it wasn't really noticeable because of the elastic in the casing, but I knew it was there. I think maybe using some Wonder Tape to hold the layers together would have helped and possibly eliminated the shifting that seemed to occur leading to the pucker I had.
It's an easy play dress. Piper really liked it, I guess there were some little details that I was personally unhappy about. I wanted to have a warm and fuzzy about this dress. I had a hundred different ideas for ways to make it but was disappointed in this particular one. I will try again, once I get a few more other pieces finished. It would be a great dress for summer in a nice lightweight fabric. It does sort of remind me of a few dresses I already have in Piper's closet from Hanna Anderson like this:
Just a few more shots of Piper modeling her dress: