Thursday, April 25, 2013

Library Story Time

Ooops,  I forgot to hit publish yesterday I guess, so here goes for today.

Today is Wednesday and that means one thing, it's library day.  This weeks theme was birds.  There are a lot of bird fabrics on the market, but not a lot of cute bird fabrics.  Or so, I thought until I came across this fabric from Aneela Hoey:


Those little birdies are adorable.  I just didn't know what to do with it.  I decided to go with one of my favorite stand-bys, the Oliver + S Popover Sundress.  


Here are the reasons I love this dress:
1) It's a free pattern for a cute dress
2) It's quick and easy to put together (Zachary said he'd like to try to make one)
3) I love a pillowcase dress on a little girl, this has a similar simplicity and style
4) Piper likes to wear them, so it must be comfortable.

I have made several Popover sundresses in the past.  I haven't even blogged about all of them.  I change things up from time to time if I am feeling ambitious.  This time I added a gathered top and some lace around the bottom.





I do wish I had made the ties a little longer.  I try to keep them short or Piper unties the top all day long but I think I went a little too short this time.  Trust me, there will be more Popover dresses in our future because I do love sewing this one up.  And, look how cute it is on:




No comments:

Post a Comment