Monday, July 23, 2012

Oliver + S 2+2 Blouse

This was my weekend project.


This was a super fast project to put together.  I cut out the pieces on Saturday morning after breakfast while the kiddos were playing with Play-Doh.  I sewed it up during nap time on Saturday.  Though it was a struggle because I really wanted a nap.  Then, I hemmed and finished when the kiddos went to bed on Saturday evening.

Per the instructions the back of the blouse is to have a button placket with 5 buttons for closure.  I opted to remove the placket and keep the back as one piece.  Have you ever tried to close 5 small buttons on a wiggly 2 year old?  


I haven't actually tried it on Piper yet.  So it may or may not fit over her head.  Since the blouse was made of a quilting cotton there isn't a whole lot of give to it.  I guess if I try it on her and discover it doesn't fit, I will be glad that It was such a quick project to put together because I'll have to make another.

I am already thinking about doing another blouse with this same pattern.  This time though, I might leave off the gathering of the front and instead do some honeycomb smocking.  I just haven't worked out the details in my head yet.  So, stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment