Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

I love Valentine's Day!  I really love all holidays.  What's not to like?  Most holidays allow you to dress up in themed clothing (I love a good themed outfit) and eat junk food all day.  I know there are people that dislike Valentine's day (I've heard about it from them all day on Facebook).  But, me, I love it.

Valentine's day to me is more than a romantic evening with my husband.  For me, it's like other holidays, it's a day to spend with my family.  We have made sure since Zachary was born that he was included in our Valentine's Day.  Someday, DH and I will go out to dinner alone on Valentine's Day and I will probably be a little sad that day because it will mean my kiddos are all grown.  In the meantime I do what I can to make the day special.

Piper and I made Valentine's for her friends:


We also went to the community center for a Valentine's Day party.  Since it was a nice day Piper got to play on the playground with her friends.  And, she got a fat lip:

Okay, so this probably wasn't so special for Piper.

After nap we made cookies so they were coming out of the oven just when Zachary got home.  Piper was a great helper:



For dinner we will have our traditional heart shaped pizza from Papa John's.  Then, maybe we'll all snuggle on the couch and watch a movie.  Either way, today is a great day.  Fun, family and food, a day full of that can't be wrong can it?

I hope you have/had a wonderful Valentine's day.  Now I've got some cookies to go eat! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment