Saturday, May 26, 2012

Let's Start At The Very Beginning

Welcome!

As a sew-er, I often find that I make things for my daughter that are random.  They don't really fit with her wardrobe and as a result they don't get much wear.  She loves each and every piece I've made for her.  It makes me happy to see how delighted she is when a piece is finished.  I also don't mind the compliments that come with telling someone I made the dress/pants/skirt/top she's wearing.

So, I got to thinking about what I can do to get more wear out of what I make for her.  I came up with a genius idea, make her fall wardrobe.  Since Memorial Day weekend marks the un-official start to summer, the plan is to create 10 pieces (2 pants, 2 skirts, 2 dresses, 3 tops, 1 jacket) by the un-official end to summer (aka Labor Day).

The patterns I have chosen (tentatively) are as follows:

PANTS





SKIRTS



DRESSES


TOPS



JACKET

I am a little partial to Oliver + S patterns if you couldn't tell.  They are so cute and kid friendly.  If time allows I hope to add to this list but this is my jumping off point.  In addition to making these adorable clothes for my adorable little one, I'm going to be learning about my Serger as I go.  I've had it for 5 months and just took it out of the box yesterday.  I'm hoping to give things a more professional finish as well as make them a little sturdier in construction to hold up longer.  Follow me on this journey to see if in fact Piper will have clothes to wear this fall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment