Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Last Day of School

Today is the last day of school.  Boy has this year gone fast.  Zachary will be a Freshman in high school next year.  I find that hard to believe.  I remember very vividly, taking him to his first day of pre-school and how he cried nearly every single day the whole year.  I also, remember quite well his first day of kindergarten and how I cried.  I feel myself, as most parents with children this age probably do, very conflicted.  I want to let go and let him experience life but I want to hold on so tight because I only have a few short years left until he's off to college.

I am enormously proud of Zachary.  He will be taking AP World History next year as a Freshman as well as honors level courses for all of his other classes.  Zachary has struggled and we've hit bumps in the road but he always manages to keep going and I think that says a lot about his character.

Here is my handsome guy before heading off to his 8th grade dance 2 weeks ago:


I think some words from one of my favorite authors seem appropriate here. "How did it get so late so soon?  It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June.  My goodness how the time has flewn.  How did it get so late so soon?" ~Dr. Seuss

I think what I am trying to say is I wish I could slow time down, just for a minute.  I am blessed and proud but sad at the same time.  I love you Zachary!


*I am trying to add a Follow Me on Facebook gadget to the sidebar but can not seem to figure it out just yet.  In the meantime here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/NotSewPlain.  I have been a bit more successful at using the FaceBook page for quick updates.  Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, Jane! I feel the same way--conflicted--about my daughter starting high school in the fall.

    ReplyDelete