Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Library Wednesday!

Wednesday, wonderful Wednesday!  It's time for library story time!



Today's library theme was "colors".  Piper's skirt is made using the free Lazy Days skirt pattern found over at Oliver + S.  This is probably one of the easiest things I have ever whipped up for Piper.  I think the entire project took me less than 45 minutes.  The fabric is from Eric Carle's Very Hungry Caterpillar line of fabric (abstract dots).  The bottom of the skirt is finished with some purple satin ribbon that I got last winter at the Offray Ribbon Outlet.  Piper's favorite color is purple!  The skirt had a nice spin factor according to the two year old spinning expert. :)

Sadly, this weeks post has to be short and sweet.  It is crunch time to finish the Halloween costumes that are needed for a party on Friday evening.  This skirt didn't even make it on to the mannequin for close up photos because Piper's costume is currently there with pins marking the button holes that need to be finished.  I have been promising Halloween previews for a few weeks now.  I promise next week will be filled with the details of what the kiddos will be and what it took to make their costumes.  Speaking of which, I read in the news yesterday that $10,000 worth of children's Halloween costumes imported from a manufacturer in China had been seized because they contained extraordinary amounts of lead.  I'm not sure children's clothing should contain any lead, particularly extra lead! I'm adding that to the list of why I make costumes and things for my children. 






No comments:

Post a Comment